Verified facts about birds we bet you never have listened before –
1. Just like human beings, there are prostitutes in Penguin community. The female penguins often offer sex to male penguins other than their partner in exchange of Stones and pebbles which they use to build nest for laying eggs.
2. The Black Heron will use its wings to shade the water. The shade attracts fish, which are then caught and eaten.
3. The American Bittern will stretch its head pointed skywards when it is threatened, which helps it blend in with the reeds!
4. The Ruby-Throated Hummingbird has the fewest feathers of all.
5. The King Elder can forage in sea beds where the water is up to 75–80 feet deep.
6. The Common kestrel can see near ultrviolet light. This allows them to detect the urine trails around rodent burrows as they shine in an ultraviolet color in the sunlight.
7. The smallest flightless bird is the Inaccessible Island rail (length 12.5 cm, weight 34.7 g). This tiny bird lives on the remote island of Tristan da Cunha in the Atlantic Ocean.
8. The smallest bird alive today is the Bee Hummingbird.
9. The world’s oldest known wild bird is a Laysan albatross named Wisdom. She is at least 64 years old.
10. The Great Bustard is the heaviest flying bird in the world. The male can range in weight from 6kg to 18kg
11. The Sword-billed Hummingbird is the only bird with a bill longer than its body
12. Superb Fairy Wrens teach their young a special password song while they are in the egg that they must sing to recieve food. This makes it so any brood parasite birds don’t get fed
Thanks for reading,
Nature is so refreshing
Incknowledge thanks National Geographic and The Atlas of birds.
Bookmark, like, comment and follow.
( Incknowledge.wordpress.com )